If you have an existing septic tank system and want to place or construct anything on your property (i.e. outbuilding, swimming pool, deck, etc.), you will have to obtain a Health Department Release before you can attain a building permit. Health department releases must also be issued for home additions and replacing mobile homes where there is already an existing septic tank system. If you are adding a bedroom(s), then it may be necessary to have a soil/site evaluation.

Health Department Release applications shall be completed and signed by the owner of the property or their designated “Authorized Agent”. If the property owner wishes to have an authorized agent to act on their behalf, the property owner will be required to complete an Authorization to Act as Agent for Owner Form. This form specifies and grants authority to those listed on this form to make decisions on behalf of the owner and apply, receive, sign, obtain applications/permits on behalf of the owner.