- By Todd Luck
- Posted Friday, May 27, 2022
Forsyth County now has a Medium COVID Level
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has updated its County's COVID-19 Community Level for Forsyth County to Medium.
COVID-19 Community Levels are determined by looking at hospital beds being used, hospital admissions, and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. The level can be High, Medium or Low. Forsyth County has been Low since March 10.
The CDC's current recommendations for the county are:
- If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Stay up to date with your vaccinations and boosters
- People may choose to mask at any time. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask.
To see the most up-to-date CDC guidance, click here.
Free at-home COVID-19 test kits are available at the Forsyth County Department of Public Health, 799 N. Highland Ave., and all county libraries.
To schedule a vaccination appointment with Forsyth Public Health, click here.