- By Todd Luck
- Posted Tuesday, March 1, 2022
More COVID-19 at-home test kits available at Forsyth Health Department and libraries
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health and Forsyth County Public Library will be distributing more free COVID-19 test kits starting Monday, Feb. 21.
Test kits will be available at the Health Department, 799 N. Highland Avenue, and all 10 libraries in Forsyth County. Limit one kit per adult. Kits are for Forsyth County residents only. No ID is required. The kits are iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kits, which each contain two tests. They will be available while supplies last.
The Library will offer kits at all branches from 9-noon and 5-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9-noon on Friday. Libraries will once again have 100 test kits each. Updates on when library branches run out of test kits will be posted on the webpages of both Forsyth County Public Library and Public Health.
The Health Department’s hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday. The Health Department has no N95 masks left and has approximately 350 test kits left.
Forsyth County library locations are
- Central Library, 660 West Fifth Street, Winston-Salem 336-703 BOOK (2665)
- Carver School Road Branch, 4915 Lansing Drive, Winston-Salem 336-703-2910
- Clemmons Branch **OUT OF TEST KITS**
- Lewisville Branch **OUT OF TEST KITS**
- Malloy/Jordan East Winston Heritage Center, 1110 East Seventh Street, Winston-Salem 336-703-2950
- Paddison Memorial Branch (Paddison Memorial), 248 Harmon Lane, Kernersville 336-703-2930
- Reynolda Manor Branch **OUT OF TEST KITS**
- Rural Hall Branch, 7125 Broad Street, Rural Hall, 336-703-2970
- Southside Branch **OUT OF TEST KITS**
- Walkertown Branch, 2969 Main Street, Walkertown 336-703-2990
Free test kits can also be ordered from the federal government for mail delivery at https://www.covidtests.gov/. Community testing locations can be found at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/about-covid-19/testing/find-covid-19-tests.