- By Todd Luck
- Posted Friday, November 19, 2021
COVID vaccinations at health department and Center for the Arts
The Forsyth County Department of Public Health is offering COVID vaccinations at the health department and Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts.
Walk-ups will be accepted at the following community vaccination event that’s only for ages 12 and up:
- Saturday, Nov. 20, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Reynolds Place Theater at Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts, 251 N Spruce Street, Winston Salem
Appointments are encouraged for COVID-19 vaccinations at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave., where vaccinations are available for both children ages 5-11 and those 12 and up:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- COVID vaccination appointments for all ages are available for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Thursday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Appointments are available Saturday, Nov. 20, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. for COVID vaccinations for all age groups as part of an event with School Health Alliance.
Booster shots are available to Individuals who received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine if it’s been 6 months since they received their second shot and they’re 65 years and older, or if they’re age 18+ and live in a long-term care setting, or have underlying medical conditions, or who work or live in a high-risk setting.
Anyone over 18 may receive a booster dose of Johnson & Johnson if it’s been 2 months since their single dose of that vaccine.
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. While supplies last, the single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine for ages 18 and up is available as is the two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, and Moderna for ages 18 and up.